Staying Cool During a Summer Portrait Session
It's been a hot summer, and this week is no exception! Here are some tips that will help make sure your summer portrait session goes off without a hitch.
1) Dress appropriately for the weather! Summer in New England often means hot and humid days, which can lead to sticky, sweaty people. Choose breathable, lightweight fabrics that don't weigh you down. As for shoes, flats or cute sandals are great options. Going barefoot is a great way to go for outdoor photos, too! Just make sure you wear comfortable walking shoes to your session to stay comfortable (and keep your feet clean), and you can kick them off for the actual photos.
2) Think about your hair. If you or your family members' hair reacts to humidity poorly (frizzes or goes limp), consider opting for a hairstyle that won't leave you feeling insecure. A pretty braid or other updo can be a great choice. If you prefer to wear your hair down, using a little extra product can help keep frizz at bay. Dry shampoo can help combat greasiness if you're worried about sweating too much.
3) Pack necessities that will help keep you cool. I recommend bringing plenty of water or other cool drinks for yourself and your family and some light snacks like granola bars or crackers. Take a hairbrush and makeup/powder for touchups with you as well.
4) Rest assured that I won't let you overheat. It can be hard to want to be outdoors for very long when it's ridiculously hot and humid, but know that I will do everything in my power to make sure you stay comfortable. We'll spend plenty of time in the shade, walk slowly, take breaks when necessary, and I will never push you or your family into staying longer than you can or want.
5) If you're still in doubt, rescheduling is an option! I'm flexible, and I want to make sure you're happy. If you're pregnant, have a medical condition, or just cannot tolerate the heat, feel free to talk to me about choosing a new date. I can usually accommodate you, and we'll find a new day for your session when the weather is a bit more agreeable for you.
I hope you've found this helpful!
Keywords: Hughes, Jessica, Photography, central, charlton, cool, family, heat, ma, mass, massachusetts, photographer, portrait, session, summer, weather, worcester
No comments posted.
Recent PostsSimple Portraits Mini Sessions Catching Up! Happy First Birthday Christopher! | Auburn, MA Milestone Session Three Month Milestone Session with Baby H 2018 Christmas Tree Farm Mini Sessions Fall Portraits with the G Family Welcome baby Claire! Hudson, MA Newborn Portrait Session Tree Farm Family Session with the R Family in Auburn, MA Tree Farm Mini Session with W & A John, Bay Path Class of 2019 Senior Portrait Session